The National Academies of Practice (NAP) invites you to submit interprofessional abstracts for educational sessions and/or posters at the 2017 NAP Annual Forum, March 17-18, Philadelphia, PA.
The 2017 Annual NAP conference seeks to promote collaboration within clinical, educational,
research, and/or policy settings. Our overall themes this year focus on ACCESS, QUALITY, VALUE, and OUTCOMES in interprofessional healthcare.
We are accepting abstracts for oral and poster presentations, workshops, and symposia/panel
presentations that reflect the goals and themes for this year's conference. Examples of collaborative efforts include (but are not limited too):
• Ongoing or completed research involving collaborative efforts among investigators.
• Educational models, courses, offerings that focus on multiple disciplines in a collaborative environment.
• Development or implementation of practice models that involve collaboration among healthcare disciplines.
• Healthcare policy that addresses issues surrounding collaborative practice, education, or research.
NAP membership is not required to submit an abstract.
Selection criteria include:
● Interprofessional collaboration reflected in authorship,
● Congruence with conference themes,
● Relevance/significance of the topic to interprofessional practice, education, research or policy,
● Clarity of purpose and objectives,
● Appropriate methods for type of educational session,
● Accurate interpretation of findings, which includes lessons learned, potential contributions and/or recommendations for practice, education, research or policy,
● Contemporary contribution to body of knowledge, and
● Effective presentation of abstract submission addressing
all required components.
Authors of selected presentations are encouraged to submit a longer paper for publication in NAP’s Journal of Interprofessional Education and Practice.
Notifications will be sent to the contact person for each abstract submission. Please identify one author to serve as the contact person who will share information with their co-author(s).
All presenters will be required to register for and attend the Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodations and registration expenses.